Bird Conservation Nepal
Vacancy announcement for Project Assistant
Job title: Project Assistant
Duty station: Madane (Malika RM-04, Gulmi)
Contract period: For three and half years on annual contract basis with possibility of extension.
Duties and responsibilities:
The key role of the incumbent will be to assist in implementing the program “Integrating Livelihoods and Conservation – People Partner with Nature for Sustainable Living” Phase – III, in the selected wards of Madane Forest Protection Area.
Specific responsibilities are outlined below:
- Provide assistance to Project Officer-Madane to develop annual work plan including implementation, monitoring and reporting.
- Create linkage and coordinate with local service providers.
- Organize village level meetings, workshops and consultations.
- Conduct activities in order to build capacity of the farmer groups and the members of other local groups.
- Formation of farmers group, eco-clubs as per requirement.
- Assist local farmers’ groups in enterprise development and cooperatives formation.
- Assist in the preparation of awareness materials including development of news articles.
- Assist Project Officer in documentation of lesson learnt from the project in the form of case stories or success stories.
- Maintain database of project beneficiaries and update when required.
- Undertake any other responsibilities relevant for implementing the program as directed by the supervisor.
Education and/or Experience
- Intermediate (+2) or equivalent in agriculture or any relevant field or above.
- Understanding and experience in implementing agriculture support programs.
- Minimum three (3) years of professional experience in similar role.
- Proven skills in community mobilization and trainings.
- Strong communication skills.
- MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, online platforms (i.e Zoom, skype and other standard software)
Interested and qualified Nepali citizens are requested to send their application with an updated CV by 17 July, 2022.
Only short listed candidates will be informed. Candidates having two wheeler driving license and residents of Madane will be given priority.
BCN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Any form of canvassing, soliciting or influencing will be treated as a disqualification for the position.
Contact Email: [email protected]